Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Potluck!

I thought our performance at the potluck was great! It was so nice to see us all working together and having fun doing it. Sometime during the potluck I told Willow that I thought the other cohorts were looking at use funny and said replied, "And they always will". I thought this was kind of interesting that she had made that observation. When thinking back on this short conversation I realised that she was right but this was not a bad thing. I think that it is always good to be different as this is what will help us be great teachers. Children will get bored with normal so it is great that we can bring so much not normal to their worlds. So congratulation to all of us for not being normal or boring! We will all be better teachers for it! So as this is my last blog, I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and see you in the New Year!

1 comment:

Willow Brown said...

Hi, Faye. Thanks for sharing that thought about being "more than ordinary" to capture students' interest! I was thinkinga about how great it is to be our most musical, artistic, dramatic and creative selves without worrying if other people miss the point. I imagine that the Prince George dancer who was on So You Think You Can Dance, has also had some of these thoughts!
I have now reviewed all of your posts. I will submit the grades this afternoon and then I will send, by email, an overview comment and your grade. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday.